Hotmail is among the best free web based email service. It provides reliable security & support for his users. If you have forgotten your password and email address than hotmail offer’s an option for fixing your problem either by recovery phone number or email address which you have added while creating your Hotmail account.
However, if don’t remember your recovery phone number which you have added at the time of making your Hotmail account and now you want to see your recovery phone number in your hotmail account then don’t worry you can follow these some simple steps which are given below:
Step 1: Open the hotmail web address and login into your account then go to “Account setting” which is show on the upper right hand side corner and click on it.
Step 2: Under the Outlook navigation bar, Click on “Security & privacy” then click on more security setting option.
Step 3: Select an email verification method then enter your alternate email address which you have given while making your account and click the Send Code.
Step 4: Verify your email using the link which you have received in your alternate email account then click submit then process is done now you can see your recovery phone number.
Tip: Then you will see a page where you can make changes to your account settings. Now click on add security info to add your mobile number and choose whether you want to receive codes through text or through voice.
To get various help related to your Hotmail account like forget password reset, change weak password, resolution blocked account and other technical support you can contact Hotmail Helpline Number 0800 410 1016. We are here to provide you the solutions for your entire Hotmail problems whether these problems are big or small we can provide you the optimum solution for all your queries.
If you don’t have a Hotmail account, you can create a new account at Outlook.com but if you already have an email account at Hotmail including @hotmail.com, @msn.com, @live.com, etc, you can upgrade your existing Hotmail account to new Outlook.com account without any need of creating new account at Outlook.com.
Upgrading from Hotmail account to Outlook.com account includes 2 things:
- Upgrading the web interface only
- Renaming Hotmail account to @outlook.com account
The Hotmail option assist you in exchange a folder’s name, move a message one folder to another folder, add a new folder or subfolder and delete an unwanted folder from your customized list. If you want to set up a list of folders with related messages, such as project details, in a specific folder then you can follow these certain instructions.
- To move messages & email to a folder, do one amongst the following.
- Drag the message header to the folder.
- Select a message which you want to move to another folder then click “Move to” and again click the name of the folder.
- To follow the steps for Add a new top-level folder:
- Click on “New folder” option at the bottom of the Folder list in the left hand side to display a small text box.
- Enter a folder name then add new folder.
- To add a sub-folder:
- Right-click the folder which you would like the sub-folder to measure below then options will display a New Sub-folder then click on it.
- Enter a sub-folder name.
- To delete a folder or sub-folder
- Right-click the folder or sub-folder which you wish to deleted.
- Click on “Delete” option.
- To rename a folder or sub-folder
- Right-click the folder or sub-folder which you want to rename.
- Press on “Rename”.
- Enter a folder or sub-folder name.
If you want any other help related this problem you can contact our Hotmail technical customer service department which can sort out all your problems instantly.
There are a few signs with which the phishing mail can be identified:
Phishing Email in Outlook
- When a mail ask for your personal information. Any company, even the Microsoft, will never ask for your personal information via email. Never give reply to such mails that ask your username, password and date of birth.
- The mail asking for something with poor grammar, misspellings etc – This unprofessional emails that claims to be email from a large enterprise do not actually originate from them. Large companies emails always look professional. You don’t even need to click on the email to know it’s a scam.
- Emails in which the sender’s email address is unprofessional – This type of emails are also unprofessional and suspicious.
- Email that entails sense of urgency in any means – This emails ask you to reply as sson as possibel otherwise you will miss the offer, prize etc. Ignore them strait away.
Hotmail is a free Web-based email service that allows you to manage, search, send and receive messages through your e-mail. It provides many helpful features, including a calendar tool, auto-checking of new messages, auto-saving of drafts, drag-and-drop functionality similar to that of many other e-mail users.
If you are changing your Microsoft Hotmail password in regular basis which it is important. But sometimes changing passwords regularly also increases the likelihood of losing your password. In case, if you have forgotten your password, you need to get back your old hotmail password then don’t panic, you can easily recover your password from troubleshooting methods associated with the email address or the phone number. Follow these steps which are given below:
To recover your Hotmail password:
Open your web browser and go to Hotmail website. Press on “can’t access your account?” which is shown on the right side of the page.
Select “forgot my password” option then click next. Enter your email address or phone number and security verification code then click next.
Choose one troubleshooting method associated with your email address or the phone number then click on next button. Verify your reset password link which is sending on your recovery email or phone.
Type your old password that was previously used with the account or you can create a new password.
This completes the process of password recovery. You can use your old password now whenever you Login to your Hotmail account.
After this process if your issue is not resolved and there is no other way to reset or recover your Hotmail account password then you can contact on Hotmail phone number 0800 410 1016.
Is a Hotmail account a Microsoft account?
Hotmail was always the part of Outlook which was governed and run over by Microsoft. With the recent update by Microsoft It has been announced on Thursday that Microsoft has taken over Hotmail successfully. It has transferred all Hotmail.com users to Outlook.com that is Microsoft account.
Hotmail or Outlook
What is the advantage of the step?
After Microsoft took over upon Hotmail marking the end of the once-mighty free email service had become possible. It is because of this migration, that has completed in about six weeks to finish, Outlook.com now has more than 400 million active users which was not possible with Hotmail account.
Is hotmail the same as Outlook?
Outlook is Hotmail such that every one need to switch to Outlook from Hotmail and there is no option of switching back to Hotmail account. Your Hotmail address and password, saved emails, contacts, calendars, and rules were automatically moved to your new Outlook.com inbox.
Hotmail is providing many helpful features to their users. It also has a feature of restoring and retrieving those important emails which are deleted accidentally by mistake. If you want some help that can recover your deleted mails then don’t worry, it’s easy to recover lost emails from your Trash back to your Inbox. You can follow these simple steps:
Go to sign in page and enter your hotmail password and email address. And again go to inbox folder.
Click on restore deleted mails which show in menu bar.
Select the email which you want to recover it then click on “inbox” option.
Congrats! Now you can see your deleted mail in your inbox.
- If you want all your deleted email to be restored then you select “All Restore” option.
- You can save your deleted email in other folder like archive, draft, sent and new folder.
For more help with how to recover or restore email, you can contact Hotmail customer service or Hotmail helpline number 0800-410-1016.
It is a fact that all Hotmail users will eventually be migrated to Outlook.com.
To use it perfectly you can follow various tips and tricks:
1. Create Email Aliases – It is good to use multiple email address for different things. You can email alias to use it for different purposes so that your identity is preserved and data is secured.
2. Use SkyDrive for Large Attachments – Try to attach a large file to an email with SkyDrive. This makes it easy to send large files to multiple people or share files with people that may not have room for them in their email inbox.
3. Sweep Emails – Use the sweep feature of hotmail. It allows you to quickly clean up your inbox and keep it tidy.
4. Create Rules – Try using filters and rules for managing the hotmail mails. Just select Manage Rules in the Sweep menu for doing this.
5. Use Keyboard Shortcuts – Outlook.com supports a variety of keyboard shortcuts. Click Keyboard shortcuts on the more mail settings screen to customize this.
6. View Content From Twitter & Facebook – Click the Content from third-party networks link on the More mail settings to link Outlook.com to Twitter or Facebook accounts with this You’ll be able to see social updates and tweets from your contacts right on Outlook.com.